This coming Monday, June 19, 2023 is the final day to vote in four federal byelections taking place in different parts of Canada.
The most prominent of these by-elections is taking place in Manitoba’s Portage-Lisgar riding, a riding where PPC Leader Maxime Bernier is himself a candidate.
The other ridings are Winnipeg South Centre, the southwestern Ontario riding of Oxford, and the Montreal riding of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Westmount.
For these by-elections, PAFE is endorsing Bernier’s PPC candidates in all four contests, though we should point out that in Oxford riding, there is also a candidate for the Christian Heritage Party who also deserves consideration.
Why are we endorsing Bernier and the PPC for these byelections? The answer is simple. Byelections are a great opportunity to “send a message” to the political elites of this country, and these elites – Liberal, Conservative, NDP and Green – need to hear the following message:
We have had enough of the relentless campaign to impose the anti-family and left-radical GENDER IDEOLOGY on us, on our families and on our children.
In the face of the pro-gender ideology that unites the Liberals, Conservatives, NDP and Greens, Maxime Bernier has staked out a pro-family, pro-parent and pro-child position against the gender ideologists. Bernier has come a long way from 2016 when he was marching in the LGBTQ+ Pride parade and personally voted in favour of the notorious federal Bill C-16. By 2017 he had already expressed regret for voting in favour of C-16. Since he left the Conservatives, he has gone from a making a tepid refusal to campaign against gender ideology to, eventually, adopting a clear platform against the “transgender madness.”
On April 7, 2023, Bernier issued a newsletter, titled “Transgender Madness”. In this appropriately titled newsletter, Bernier claimed (rightly) that he has “been vocally opposing radical transgender ideology for a long time now, but these past few weeks it feels like things have been kicked into overdrive.” Bernier continues: “Across Canada, radical trans activists have been pushing their agenda to normalize transgenderism, particularly amongst children.” He says even more in this newsletter, including a critique of Pierre Poilievre and the Conservative Party of Canada. I will address Bernier’s (mostly accurate) commentary on the Conservatives' pro-trans ideology orientation in the next few days.
Maxime Bernier and the PPC also released their anti-gender ideology platform over the past few weeks, here.
In short, Bernier and the PPC are committed to the following course of action, which PAFE endorses:
A People’s Party government will:
- Modify the Criminal Code to outlaw the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and any form of bodily mutilation on minors with the goal of “transitioning” to another sex. Moreover, any person encouraging minors to “transition” could be held criminally responsible for attempting to cause harm.
- Remove the ban imposed by Bill C-4, the so-called “conversion therapy bill”, on helping minors who suffer from gender dysphoria accept their body.
- Strictly enforce section 163.1(1)(b) of the Criminal Code in order to remove inappropriate pornographic content from schools and libraries.
- Protect women’s spaces – prisons, shelters, bathrooms, and changing rooms – from intrusion by biological men.
- Maintain separate competitions for women in which biological men cannot participate in sports regulated and funded by the federal government.
- Abolish federal programs to fund sex change operations for civil servants and prisoners.
- Repeal Bill C-16, the bill that added gender self-identification as ground for protection against discrimination.
PAFE, of course, would go further than these measures. We could also quibble with Bernier about some of the above points, but these policies would certainly represent a good start for Canada!
If you live in one of the four ridings that are electing an MP this coming Monday, June 19:
- in Portage-Lisgar, vote for Maxime Bernier
- in Winnipeg South Centre vote for Tyler Baer
- in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Westmount vote either for:
- Tiny Olinga People's Party of Canada (PPC) https://www.thepeoplespartyofcanada.ca/candidate/tiny-olinga#about
- or Yves Gilbert of the Christian Heritage Party (CHP) https://www.chp.ca/yves-gilbert-2023
In Oxford, please vote either for:
- Wendy Martin of the People's Party of Canada (PPC) www.thepeoplespartyofcanada.ca/candidate/wendy-martin
- or John Markus of the Christian Heritage Party (CHP) https://www.chp.ca/john-markus.
Send a message to the elites in the other parties and take a stand against gender ideology in Canada.