Points to make in your email/letter/phone call to your MP on Bill C-6:
- Bill C-6 oversteps into the private spheres of the parental-child bond and of the individual conscience.
- In trying to ban “conversion therapy” with Bill C-6, Trudeau is using the name of a controversial and misunderstood treatment to control what services ALL Canadians can choose in relation to their sexuality and gender.
- Talk therapy exists for those who want to try to change a specific behaviour, and such behaviour modification therapy has been successfully used by people with unwanted same sex-attraction or gender dysphoria.
- Parents should not be jailed for helping their children with their sexuality and gender.
- This bill would strand people who have transitioned without a way to transition back to their birth gender. It creates a one-way street with respect to altering one’s gender identity. It would prevent children who have switched genders from de-transitioning if they change their mind.
- Prevents spiritual leaders (pastors, etc.) from providing spiritual guidance to those who request it.
- Violates the freedom of conscience of medical practitioners, counsellors and clergy to assist their clients and community members according to their best professional judgment.
Sending your letter:
If you don’t know who your MP is, you can find him/her at www.ourcommons.ca/members/en
You just type in your postal code and click on the name of your MP when it shows up, then click on the "Contact" tab to get his/her contact information.
Please let us know that you have contacted your MP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a message at 416-763-7233.