Bill 42 (the replacement of Bill 17) sets out to make “gender affirming” health care—“care” that supports gender transition, including through hormone blockers and surgeries,-- more easily accessible to ALL Canadians, including minors.
If this bill passes, children will be able to seek gender transitioning procedures, without parental consent. In fact, some teachers are already suggesting that children do not tell their parents, and keep their gender-transitioning, a secret. They have even gone so far as to instruct fellow classmates not to mention their peers' gender treatment to their parents. Bill 42 provides a list of who should be consulted for advice, and big surprise; parents are not mentioned in the Bill, anywhere.
In our last email regarding Bill 42, we told you that Dr. Ann Gillies has written a letter to Doug Ford addressing substantial concerns with the bill.
For those who aren't familiar with Ann, she is a counsellor who now specializes in advocating for individuals with sexual, emotional, and physical trauma.
We wanted to make this letter available to you, our supporters, to help you with writing letters to your MPP about Bill 42. In Gillies' letter, she points out that Sweden, Finland, England, the U.S. Drug and Food Administration, and the U.S. Medicare National Coverage Analysis, are now restricting or eliminating support for transgender medical procedures for minors under 18 years of age.
She goes on to discuss the lack of evidence that "Gender Affirming Care" (GAC) is "lifesaving" and prevents suicide, as Bill 42 maintains.
She closes her letter by stating "The flaws with Bill 42 are glaring. This Bill is an insult to Gender Dysphoric children and their families. It is an outrage to assume these children need life-altering mediations and body mutilation surgeries, when current evidence for such invasive strategies is non-existent. These individuals need to receive preventative mental health evaluations and psychological care given by professionals who are able to see through the Affirming Care deceptions."
If you wish to read Ann's full letter, you can find it here.
- Please sign our petition to express your disgust with Bill 42 to the Members of the Ontario legislature and Premier Doug Ford. CLICK HERE to sign the petition!
- If you live in Ontario, please also write your local MPP to let the Ontario government know that we will not stand for the abuse of children in the name of woke politics. Tell them that this bill could have tragic consequences on countless young people! Explain that the value of gender affirmative care is increasingly being rejected due to lack of evidence of its benefits.
- Find your MPP’s contact information by clicking this link and scrolling to the bottom of the page to the “Find My MPP” box.
- Please also cc. the Conservative MPP and Minister of Health, Sylvia Jones: [email protected]
- Write to us at [email protected] and let us know you contacted your MPP.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in with